Shopify Launches A Direct Mailchimp Integration↘
We’re excited to say that users on Mailchimp and Shopify can now connect the two platforms via a direct integration. This is a big deal for merchants, as the two solutions parted ways a couple of years back, but since the announcement of their once again partnership was made by Mailchimp on October 26th 2021, it’s safe to say that both forces are united once more.
Mailchimp on The Shopify Integration 🐒
- “Mailchimp is excited to announce that we’ve partnered with Shopify to deliver a new direct integration available today. New and existing users of Mailchimp and Shopify will be able to connect their Mailchimp account with their Shopify storefront through direct integration, eliminating the need for third-party tools and manual data transfers.” - Mailchimp
The Role of The Mailchimp Integration
Essentially this partnership has made the direct Mailchimp integration for Shopify merchants possible, providing users with the ability to combine the power of purchase data with marketing data.
These insights can then be utilised to; drive conversions, increase revenue and reach additional customers at the right point of the buying journey.
The Future of The Mailchimp Integration 🔮
Straight from the horse’s mouth, we’ve heard that Mailchimp strived to launch this new direct integration with Shopify to provide small businesses with the opportunity to truly connect with their audience reach, enabling the upcoming holiday season to be one of the most profitable yet.
- “Last year, Mailchimp customers generated 36% more orders from Thanksgiving to Giving Tuesday than they did in 2019, showing just how important having an online presence for commerce and retail businesses is.” - Joni Deus, VP of App Marketplace at Mailchimp.
Fatima Yusuf, the Director of Commercial, App Ecosystem, Shopify added:
- “We’re thrilled to have partnered with Shopify again ahead of our customers’ busiest season to make it easier for merchants to reach their customers, sell more stuff and be successful.
- As our merchants prepare for the holiday season and continue to adjust to the new realities of commerce, we're excited to welcome Mailchimp to the Shopify Partner Ecosystem.
- The combined power of Mailchimp's suite of marketing tools and Shopify's robust commerce infrastructure will level the playing field and unlock even more opportunity for independent businesses to grow and succeed into the future.”
This is what makes the Mailchimp integration so exciting, but the buzz doesn’t end here. Mailchimp has also acquired the ShopSync app, which has assisted tens of thousands of Mailchimp users to connect their accounts to a Shopify store over the past two years.
This revelation demands a thank you to the ShopSync team for their excellent work in building the app and for their support over the last two years. Mailchimp has stated that ShopSync’s great work has made it easy for the Mailchimp team to bring it in house and integrate it into their platform.
Mailchimp has also expressed gratitude to the Shopify team for their partnership so, we guess that both companies are excited to see what the future may hold for their customers.
What are your thoughts on this update from Mailchimp regarding the Shopify integration? Reach out and let us know. If you’re actively looking to work with a Shopify agency designer or developer to assist you with your business, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch to get started!