Get access to exclusive updates, the latest news and the inside scoop 🍨
Karmoon Limited are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal data we collect about customers and users of our services (“you/your”).
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain what personal data we collect about you when you use our website or provide our services to you. When we do this, we are the data controller.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it provides important information about how we handle your personal information and your rights. It is important that you revisit this privacy notice regularly as we may update this notice (and any supplemental privacy notice) from time to time to reflect how we deliver our services.
If you have any questions about any aspect of this privacy notice you can contact us using the information provided below or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data we collect
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal data about you. When we do so we are subject to the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”). The personal data we may collect includes (but is not limited to):
- Contact detail information such as your name, phone number, email address, your website URL, your location (city) and your company name which we collect when you fill in our Contact form
- Information about your engagement with us online via our cookies and similar technologies such as your IP address and geographical location
- Any other information you may provide to us as part of Karmoon market research.
How your personal data is collected
We collect all personal data directly from you—in person, by telephone, text or email and/or via our website.
Purposes for which we use personal data and the legal basis when providing services to you, we may use your personal data for the following purposes and on the following lawful bases:
Purpose and Lawful Basis for Processing
To provide our services to you
- Performance of contract
To comply with any legal obligations we may have
- Legal obligation
To send you marketing communications about our services or other information relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology
To improve your browsing experience by personalising your website visit
- Our legitimate interest to ensure visitors to our website can easily navigate our website and locate the information they are looking for
To contact you when you provide us with market research feedback
- Our legitimate interest to ensure our services meet your expectations and remain relevant in the marketplace
Where personal data is processed because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, we will be unable to provide our services without the required information.
You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications at any time by using the unsubscribe links on any marketing email we send you. If you do so, we will suppress your details so that you are not contacted any longer for marketing purposes.
Sharing your data
For some business activities we share your personal data with our vendors and third-party service providers, for instance, to provide our e-mail marketing services. Personal data may also be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials for the prevention or detection of crime, if required by law or if required for a legal or contractual claim.
The personal data we collect from you may be processed outside of the UK. We have taken appropriate steps to ensure that the personal data processed outside the UK has an essentially equivalent level of protection as it has within the UK. We do this by ensuring that:
- Your personal data is only processed in a country which the UK government has confirmed has an adequate level of protection (an adequacy regulation) or
- We enter into Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) with our affiliates and providers and ensure that supplementary measures are also applied, where necessary.
How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services and for a reasonable period thereafter to enable us to meet our contractual and legal obligations and to deal with complaints and claims.
At the end of the retention period, your personal data will be securely deleted or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data, so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
How we protect your data
We endeavour to process all personal data securely and have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect data that we process from unauthorised disclosure, use, alteration or destruction.
Your rights and options
You have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- You have the right of access to your personal data and can request copies of it and information about our processing of it.
- If the personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can ask us to rectify or add to it.
- Where we are using your personal data with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Where we are using your personal data because it is in our legitimate interests to do so, you can object to us using it this way.
- Where we are using your personal data for direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes, you can object to us doing so.
- You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal data if:
- It is not accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you do not want us to delete it.
- We do not need it any-more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims; or
- If you have already asked us to stop using your data but you are waiting to receive confirmation from us as to whether we can comply with your request.
- In some circumstances you can compel us to erase your personal data.
- You can request a machine-readable copy of your personal data to transfer to another service provider.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at: email@example.com
You can also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted using the information provided at:
Third party websites
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have privacy notices separate from our own, so we would strongly suggest that you review them separately before submitting your data. We have no control over, and are not responsible for this third party’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
If you have any questions, or wish to exercise any of your rights, then please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org