WOM Protocol Launches YEAY App on Shopify↘
WOM Protocol, the social commerce solution announced its integration with Shopify - the multinational ecommerce company earlier today.
This partnership walks hand in hand with the new YEAY app, which has been created for merchants on Shopify to access a plethora of new tools that target customers with user-generated product recommendations.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with the solution, YEAY is the leading community for Generation Z to share honest recommendation videos about the products that they love.
It is thought that the YEAY app began the integration process alongside testing the WOM Protocol at the start of 2020.
So far, the application has surpassed over 1 million downloads with more than 750,000 videos having been created, reaching over 7 million video views in total.
Separately, WOM (word-of-mouth) Protocol is a blockchain-based protocol that provides; brands, content creators, publishers and social networks with a way to monetise word-of-mouth recommendations via any application or platform on the net.
Currently, WOM is backed by dozens of seasoned investors from around the globe and has generated more than 1 million transactions.
Shopify on the other hand will be more of a familiar friend to many of you reading today's article, as the company is one of the leading global platforms in the world of ecommerce.
However, for those of you who are new here, you may not know that Shopify is one of the most powerful commerce platforms in the world, providing merchants with trusted tools to; start, grow, market and manage a retail business.
Proudly founded in Ottawa, Shopify’s platform and services are engineered for reliability, to deliver a seamless shopping experience for consumers everywhere.
Currently, the platform powers over 1.7 million businesses in more than 175 countries across the globe and is trusted by numerous retail giants such as; Allbirds, Gymshark, Heinz, Staples Canada as well as many more.
So, now that you’re acquainted with all of the parties involved, it’s time to delve into the details surrounding the new Shopify app integration by YEAY:
In a nutshell, the implementation of the WOM Protocol into Shopify has been orchestrated by the YEAY team to deliver the next generation of marketing toolkits.
Whilst we’ve been excited to learn about numerous apps for Shopify at Karmoon, we have to admit that the YEAY application has us stoked for merchants.
This is a super exciting release for retailers on Shopify, as the application by YEAY brings user-generated recommendations to the mainstream marketing arsenal by enabling the recording and automatic integration of real customer feedback to be presented directly on a merchant’s Shopify store.
Once the YEAY app has been integrated fully with the Shopify system, the solution will deliver:
- In-store video recordings of recommendations by real customers.
- Bullet-proof linking of recommendations to individual products and the overall brand.
- A community-powered authentication system that ensures all recommendations are honest, creative and positive.
- Plug-and-play integrations into every product detail view, delivering targeted and authentic recommendations directly into the product discovery journey.
- Customisable display capabilities that deliver a curated playlist of content into every section of a Shopify store.
- Simple methods of delivering rewards to customers who create engaging recommendations.
- Total control over what content represents the brand’s values.
- A decentralised, blockchain-based cryptocurrency to deliver rewards and cost-effective utilisation of all features globally.
YEAY on The Application For Shopify
Melanie Mohr, the CEO and Founder of YEAY stated:
- “We are proud to work with the WOM Protocol to bring this innovative and truly engaging toolkit to the merchants on Shopify.
- We believe that this will deliver a step-change in customer engagement and deliver the improved conversion rates that word of mouth has been proven to deliver, to the largest and smallest of Shopify’s merchants.”
As one of the latest apps for Shopify, the solution was created in conjunction with long-standing partner YEAY and features WOM’s new Word-of-Mouth Marketing Toolkit which launched earlier in 2021. The YEAY app is now available for merchants to access and download via the Shopify App Store. So, if you’re an existing Shopify merchant, be sure to click the link provided to integrate this application into your online store ecommerce site.
That’s it from us for today’s article. What are your thoughts on the YEAY app for Shopify? Reach out and let us know.
If you’re actively looking to work with a Shopify agency designer or developer to assist you with your business, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch to get started!